Vi giro questa news che il gruppo di
sviluppo di mixare ha rilasciato oggi.
We have great news to announce! Yesterday evening Peer GmbH  and R3
GIS GmbH  chose to join their efforts to help mixare grow at even a
The expertise of R3 GIS about Geographic Information Systems, Digital
Terrain Models, and GPS knowledge is a perfect fit for the User
Experience knowledge of Peer internet solutions.
The companies agreed on a concrete roadmap for the next few months,
that is listed below:
* download retries
* GPS fix
* various Nullpointer exceptions fixes
* Compass precision: investigation of possible corrections /
* Compass correction by the means of accelerometer readings?
* GPS precision (altitude): investigation of possible corrections /
* GPS precision (overall): integration of DGPS services? WAAS? Other
* Integration with high precision DTM (Digital Terrain Model) and
* Marker display enhancements related to precision and distance
* Additional handling of polylines and polygons
* Additional standardized data-format support (XML based)
* User Interface enhancements: menu support, better feedback to the
* Warnings in case of issues with data reliability (magnetic field
distortions, old/wrong GPS fix). Maybe a diagnostic mode for advanced
* Social network integration: twitter with support for login,
timeline, lists, search. Maybe send geotagged tweets?
* Support for local data sources (not in terms of URI, but rather
collection of POIs)
R3 GIS GmbH  and Peer GmbH  are committed to open source. The
project keeps its GPLv3 license, all code contributions will be put in
the public repository  and the discussion will happen in the public
development mailing list, so that everyone is able to chime in and
We are thrilled to see the mixare community grow, and that companies
with great expertise join the project!